At Oakley School we strive to enrich our pupils' learning experiences with a rich curriculum. To achieve this we welcome the help and support of our community.
The community can help and engage in a number of ways, here are some examples of how you might want to help:-
- This Term (March/April 2019), our Phase 2 topic is ‘food glorious food’ with a focus on Charlie and the chocolate factory any helpers willing to work with children and chocolate?
- In Food Tech we are looking at where our food comes from and doing some ‘farm to fork’ style lessons. We were hoping that someone could help or run a food workshop for a day around using seasonal foods to cook with?
- Our Sports Hall has been loved and loved again and is in use every day, many of our pupils enjoy sport - are there any corporate working parties willing to give our Sports Hall a new lease of life?
- At our Tonbridge site (16-19 year olds) we have bought a large static caravan, for our young people to learn life skills, it is somewhere they can safely practice making lunch, doing the laundry, changing a duvet etc – all vital life skills. We need offers of help to create a garden out of the plot surrounding it. This project has long term value and would bring benefits for our young people.
- In addition to the projects above there is always room for anyone who wants to sew, create, play an instrument, cook or just be a support to the school.
If this is appealing then please contact me - Jackie Thurtle, Comunity & Family Engagement Co-ordinator on 01892 823096 or e-mail: email@example.com